Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy Anniversary – Our First Year

This past weekend, Matt and I celebrated our first anniversary. We decided to get away for a quiet weekend, so we headed up to WV for some relaxing and quiet alone time. It was really nice. We spent Saturday and Monday golfing…we only played twelve holes on Saturday before the thunderstorm rolled in, so we took a rain check and went back to finish up and play nine more Monday. (Nine is about when I start to get tired anyhow…)

All in all, it was nice to get away and spend some time remembering what it is you love about someone so much. The only thing missing from our special weekend was eating our cake. We forgot to pull it from the freezer on Friday, so even though it was out last night for a few hours, it was still frozen. I’m excited to eat it tonight (and maybe smash some in Matt’s face?!)

I still can’t believe it’s already been a year since our big day!

A year can change a lot of things…As I’m sure you already know, Matt and I are expecting! I’ve made the news public knowledge now, so I think it’s time it was officially on the blog. We found out in late June that there was a new addition to the Brown family on the way, and right now, the big day is March 5.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you and Matt! It seems like just yesterday we were 3 years old and playing dress up. It's so crazy how time flies and I can't wait to meet the newest Brown family member when he or she makes their appearance!

    ReplyDelete